The Episcopal Church of the Ascension is dedicated to outreach and hands-on ministry in the name of Jesus Christ. Each year various groups take mission-oriented work trips to different locations. Last year a group of parishioners and friends went to Camp Coast Care to help with the re-building efforts along the Gulf Coast in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. We support foreign missions. Every other year we take a group to work with our parish sponsored missionary Eduardo Monzon in Honduras. In 2007 we took 16 parishioners to Honduras.
2007 Honduras Mission Trip
In July of 2007, 16 people from The Ascension traveled to Honduras to help build a church, conduct a vacation Bible School, distributes food and clothes and assist in other ways. Check out some pictures from the trip and consider joining us on our next trip!
- Sunday: 8:00 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite I; 10:15 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite II.
- First Sunday of Every Month: 7:30 pm -Compline - chanted (with music).
- Third Sunday of Every Month: 5:00 pm - Evening Eucharist (chancel-informal-come as you are)
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - Morning Prayer (chapel).
- Tuesday: 8:00 am - Choral Morning Prayer (chancel).
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm - Holy Eucharist, Rite II (chapel).