The essence of the Episcopal Church of the Ascension is made up of the people who come together as a church family. As a family, we not only share our spiritual journey; but the joys and sadness experienced in each of our daily lives. While our rector leads pastoral care-specifically by visiting or meeting with parishioners-this ministry is also supported by lay ministers who are trained and encouraged within our parish. We have lay eucharistic ministers, as well as a healing prayer team and a prayer quilt ministry. Additionally, there are a number of trained Stephen Ministers in the congregation.
Recently, our ECW experienced an energetic rebirth and reorganized various committees which minister to the needs of our congregation. Examples of these ministries include: providing meals during stressful events for families, welcoming babies into the Body of Christ, delivering home-baked bread to potential new members, providing funeral hospitality, visiting parishioners who are homebound or in nursing homes and transporting elderly or disabled members.
If you would like to help with any of these or other ministries, please sign-up through the Ministries Summary & Sign-Up page on this website.
If you would like to see more information about the ECW ministries, check out the listing on the right side of this page.
- Sunday: 8:00 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite I; 10:15 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite II.
- First Sunday of Every Month: 7:30 pm -Compline - chanted (with music).
- Third Sunday of Every Month: 5:00 pm - Evening Eucharist (chancel-informal-come as you are)
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - Morning Prayer (chapel).
- Tuesday: 8:00 am - Choral Morning Prayer (chancel).
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm - Holy Eucharist, Rite II (chapel).