The Village Elders
- When: Sundays at 9:15 a.m.
- Where: Small Conference Room
- Leaders: Mark Waldo and others from the class
Mark Waldo, our Rector Emeritus, leads interested men in an exploration of issues facing "mature" men. Mark says the following about the word "emeritus" and the class:
"...I looked emeritus up in the dictionary [that is:a proper British dictionary]: to wit: 'emeritus (frequently following a noun) honourably discharged from the performance of public duty, esp. denoting a retired professor. [L. e-sig. completeness, and mereri, to deserve.]' That sounds as if I've already done everything that might be expected of me. But I have God and a wife, and they both have expectations of me, and occasionally, I have some of myself. Now, I ask, what does a completed person do with the rest of his life? I began to wrestle with this question months ago; it began to take shape like this: There must be other men in their 'twilight years.' I will undertake to organize a Sunday School class for male emeriti around this broad and changing issue."??All are welcome - come and join in the discussion.
- Sunday: 8:00 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite I; 10:15 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite II.
- First Sunday of Every Month: 7:30 pm -Compline - chanted (with music).
- Third Sunday of Every Month: 5:00 pm - Evening Eucharist (chancel-informal-come as you are)
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - Morning Prayer (chapel).
- Tuesday: 8:00 am - Choral Morning Prayer (chancel).
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm - Holy Eucharist, Rite II (chapel).