Drama of the Word
- When: Sundays at 9:15 a.m. - class currently on hiatus
- Where: The Bethel Room
- Leaders: Chip Broadfoot, Geoffrey Sherman and Diana van Fossen
Drama of the Word is an interpretive class focused on presenting not only scripture to an audience in the ancient manner of the oral tradition, but also alternative selections of dramatic literature. The participants will be trained in the foundations of speaking, diction, and posture. The students will be challenged to communicate the readings as one individual to another focused in the moment. The reader’s goal is to connect with the words in terms of the reader’s own emotion and experience. These dramatic readings generate great Bible studies, as well as unearth a breadth of insights into literary interpretation. A specially selected passage will be rehearsed by the class for public presentation.
We seek to glorify God in Christ by experiencing His Word in worship, communion, and study; by living out His Word in fellowship, healing, and love; and by proclaiming His Word through teaching and outreach. We invite you to bring your unique personality and gifts, and become a partner in Christ’s work with us.
Regular Worship Services:
- Sunday: 8:00 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite I; 10:15 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite II.
- First Sunday of Every Month: 7:30 pm -Compline - chanted (with music).
- Third Sunday of Every Month: 5:00 pm - Evening Eucharist (chancel-informal-come as you are)
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - Morning Prayer (chapel).
- Tuesday: 8:00 am - Choral Morning Prayer (chancel).
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm - Holy Eucharist, Rite II (chapel).