- When: Sundays at 9:15 a.m.
- Where: The Library
- Leaders: Clif Dixon and members of the class
Koinonia is from Greek word for community, communion, joint participation, sharing and intimacy; a jointly contributed gift. Class composed primarily of couples and singles. The class discusses family issues, spiritual development, and how to be better Christian servants through a variety of speakers, class discussion, literature, and film. Small group Bible study and outside speakers from the local community are routine in this class.
Current Study: Starting this year the class will study "The 36 Parables": a series of short films of about five minutes each that retell the parables Jesus told in a modern setting. The format for the class will be to:
• Pray - Ask the Lord to speak to us during our time together.
• Watch - Watch one of the short films
• Read - Read the parable in Holy Scripture upon which the short film is based.
Discuss - Find points of connection between the short film and the original parable.
We seek to glorify God in Christ by experiencing His Word in worship, communion, and study; by living out His Word in fellowship, healing, and love; and by proclaiming His Word through teaching and outreach. We invite you to bring your unique personality and gifts, and become a partner in Christ’s work with us.
Regular Worship Services:
- Sunday: 8:00 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite I; 10:15 am – Holy Eucharist, Rite II.
- First Sunday of Every Month: 7:30 pm -Compline - chanted (with music).
- Third Sunday of Every Month: 5:00 pm - Evening Eucharist (chancel-informal-come as you are)
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - Morning Prayer (chapel).
- Tuesday: 8:00 am - Choral Morning Prayer (chancel).
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm - Holy Eucharist, Rite II (chapel).