- When: Sundays at 9:15 a.m.
- Where: The Library
- Leaders: Clif Dixon and members of the class
Koinonia is from Greek word for community, communion, joint participation, sharing and intimacy; a jointly contributed gift. Class composed primarily of couples and singles. The class discusses family issues, spiritual development, and how to be better Christian servants through a variety of speakers, class discussion, literature, and film. Small group Bible study and outside speakers from the local community are routine in this class.
Current Study: Starting this year the class will study "The 36 Parables": a series of short films of about five minutes each that retell the parables Jesus told in a modern setting. The format for the class will be to:
• Pray - Ask the Lord to speak to us during our time together.
• Watch - Watch one of the short films
• Read - Read the parable in Holy Scripture upon which the short film is based.
Discuss - Find points of connection between the short film and the original parable.